Margarita Cooler

By: Layla
G - BOMBS

Whether you are relaxing on the patio or recovering from a tough workout, this tasty and rejuvenating drink will hit the spot!

• Recipe
  • My Notes
  • Nutrition Facts
  • Ratings & Comments (22)

Ingredients

3 cups green grapes
1 lime, peeled
I orange, peeled
6 ounces kale, large stems removed

Instructions:

Place ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour over ice.

My Notes: (Click Edit to enter your notes about this recipe)

Serves 4

Per Serving:

Calories 122
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Sugars 21 g
Total Fat 0.6 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 21 mg
Fiber 3.1 g
Beta-Carotene 4003 ug
Vitamin C 80 mg
Calcium 89 mg
Iron 1.3 mg
Folate 28 ug
Magnesium 27 mg
Potassium 482 mg
Zinc 0.3 mg
Selenium 0.6 ug

My Rating: 
(click on a star to select your rating)

elisaaz

09/27/2012 11:51 PM

Rated this recipe:

This was great! Added some ice and my husband and I had it for dinner. He's already asking for more.

Susan

03/25/2013 12:49 PM

Rated this recipe:

Oh my goodness this is fantastic!!!. I've been eating this plan since November and this is by far the best drink yet!!!! When my drink was half done, I added lemon lime seltzer to it. Had another wonderful drink. in the summer I am going to add fresh mint to give it a mojito flavor! Thank you Layla!!!

Dnutlady

04/20/2013 04:12 PM

Rated this recipe:

So yummy! Very refreshing, and one I know my employees will love when I give them some!

geminigal

04/27/2013 11:37 AM

Rated this recipe:

I really didn't think I would like this at all, but I was wrong! It was so good and so refreshing. My 3-year-old wouldn't stop drinking it either. I did blend it with ice instead of serving it over ice. I also wanted to say that one of the reasons I was unsure of this recipe is because grapes always give me heartburn, always. This smoothie left me feeling great though, no heartburn.

geminigal

04/27/2013 11:37 AM

Rated this recipe:

I really didn't think I would like this at all, but I was wrong! It was so good and so refreshing. My 3-year-old wouldn't stop drinking it either. I did blend it with ice instead of serving it over ice. I also wanted to say that one of the reasons I was unsure of this recipe is because grapes always give me heartburn, always. This smoothie left me feeling great though, no heartburn.

Lori

08/04/2013 02:37 PM

Rated this recipe:

Wow! It's 99 degrees outside today, and this just made me forget the heat! Really, really good, and the lime adds such a nice touch. I like the idea of adding mint- will try that next time (which will probably be tomorrow). Great recipe!

RachelCooks

08/28/2013 07:14 PM

Rated this recipe:

Very delicious! I'm new to the blended smoothie so I'm still working out some of the kinks but this tastes really great! I could probably even throw in an extra lime or some ginger to make it really zippy. Maybe next time. Very happy with this tonight!!!

tbalon

07/15/2014 03:17 PM

Rated this recipe: (no rating)

Grapes do not agree with me. What can you suggest instead?

taruma replies:

05/29/2021 05:55 PM

Any sweet and juicy fruit.  Maybe try kiwi.

MoonMaize replies:

12/22/2023 04:48 PM

Rated this recipe:

I also used cape gooseberry. They are sweet and juicy like grapes. 

vaporz

07/15/2014 07:56 PM

How about strawberries in lieu of grapes? It would be a "fusion" recipe. But what to call it? Margadaiquiri? Strawberry Daiquirita? :)

Meg610

07/15/2014 08:08 PM

Are those melon balls on the skewer?? or just HUGE grapes?!!

Del

07/17/2014 01:46 AM

Rated this recipe:

Layla you hit it out of the park with this one! My wife came home after a hot day at work and drank the first glass down without coming up for air! This recipe will be one of our regulars.

Veggie22

07/18/2014 02:20 PM

Rated this recipe:

A fantasy to call this a Margarita. "Kale Cooler" might be a better name as its taste far overwhelms all the other ingredients. I drank it though because the greens are good for health, but won't make it again.

kittyknits

07/18/2014 02:57 PM

Rated this recipe:

This is simply delicious. I only used 2 cups of grapes (for 2 people), but kept everything else the same. Also, blended first, then added ice cubes and blended till semi-frozen consistency. We love this drink.
This comment was last edited on 07/18/2014 02:58 PM

fdfd

08/10/2014 09:36 AM

Rated this recipe:

I had frozen some grapes (red) so they didn't shrivel up before we ate them, so pulled them out yesterday for a refreshing treat. I even added in a few fresh black grapes to fill out the amount. I didn't have a fresh orange, so I used unsweetened mandarin oranges, and also added one peeled kiwi that I had ready to go in my refrigerator. It was absolutely delicious and refreshing. Can't wait to make it again. The frozen grapes really added to the texture.

fdfd

08/10/2014 09:36 AM

Rated this recipe:

I had frozen some grapes (red) so they didn't shrivel up before we ate them, so pulled them out yesterday for a refreshing treat. I even added in a few fresh black grapes to fill out the amount. I didn't have a fresh orange, so I used unsweetened mandarin oranges, and also added one peeled kiwi that I had ready to go in my refrigerator. It was absolutely delicious and refreshing. Can't wait to make it again. The frozen grapes really added to the texture.

DeenaNH

09/15/2014 05:31 PM

Rated this recipe:

6 oz kale in weight or volume? If you go by weight like I did, that is more than one bunch of kale, and it didn't turn out very tasty.

taruma replies:

05/29/2021 05:59 PM

By weight. A volume measurement would be in fluid ounces.

Clarity2020 replies:

08/15/2021 01:55 PM

Thanks for asking this. I assumed it was by volume because the other ingredients are in cups

NanG

10/13/2014 05:12 PM

Rated this recipe:

This recipe made great popsicles! Just add a little more water. My 2 1/2 year old grandson loved them!
This comment was last edited on 10/13/2014 05:12 PM

markhas

06/29/2015 04:21 PM

bet 2 shots'a vodka would really liven it up.

bev29

06/29/2015 04:49 PM

How about honeydew melon instead of the grapes? That would keep the color consistent. I'm not sure whether or not they would be as sweet as green grapes, though.

Carrots

06/30/2015 11:56 AM

I will add a little cinnamon also

revruss

07/04/2015 10:17 AM

Rated this recipe:

Oh my goodness, my wife (who really doesn't like kale) and I loved this!!!

lnssowers

11/19/2017 02:16 PM

Rated this recipe:

This is a fabulous mixture. Just enough sweetness. Is great mixed with soda water and tequila or vodka as well.